Welcome to BTEC Level 3 National in Art & Design
Unit 1: Visual Recording and Communication
Unit 1 is a foundation unit, which develops fundamental skills, knowledge and understanding, underpinning all other units. You will begin Unit 1 when you return in Year 12.
This summer project will:
- Refresh and enhance your creative and research skills in preparation for September
- Make you to think about what your interests are, why they are important to you and what messages you want to convey with your artwork
- Guide you to find your own artists/critical sources and investigate and explain why they inspire you
- Create personal and meaningful thoughts/ideas which will give you a stronger connection to your work
- Give your teachers an idea of who you are and what you are passionate about
- Use the same assessment objectives as GCSE (AO1-AO4) to give you support through a familiar framework over the summer
The brief for the task is titled Summer Project 2020 Task which includes further details, assessment objectives, list of critical sources and art department email addresses should you need to contact us.
Please hand your project into the 6th form team when you enroll.
for parents and students
Values and Ethos
Holly Lodge Girls’ College is committed to an inclusive school ethos which promotes race equality…
Complete list of Holly Lodge Girls’ College policy and procedure documents for download …
See all the latest images from our school trips, sporting events and fun days involving our students …
Holly Lodge Girls’ College has some of the most impressive and modern facilities in liverpool…
Take a look at our latest news posts below
Student Travel 2021-22 Dear Parents and Guardians, The next school year is fast approaching! If you’re child doesn’t already travel to school by bus, have you thought about this as an option for the next academic year? Arriva monthly direct debit passes allow travel...
How many books can you read before you arrive? At Holly Lodge, we love reading and we want you to love reading too! Below is a list of brilliant books that will help to prepare you for Year 7, some of these books are staff favourites, others are there because we think...
We’ve been away from school for a while now, and wanted to send a little message to all our pupils
Contact the school
0151 228 3772
140 Mill Lane, Liverpool L12 7LE