The Governors of Holly Lodge are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Assistant SENCO, to support our SENCO in leading our Learning Support department, building upon the current high standards.
This is a key appointment for the department and for the school. We are seeking a person of proven ability who is able to relate well to colleagues and to students with SEND and will support them in achieving the highest standards of which they are capable.
We are looking for candidates who will
– Assist and support the SENCO in identifying SEN students, delivering learning support and targeting and maintaining SEN provision.
– support the SENCO in leading and managing SEN learning support across the school
– Support the students, either individually or in groups, in accessing learning activities as directed by the teacher or SENCO to enable students’ progress towards their targets.
– Be aware of and support differences of students’ individual needs and equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
– Liaise with the SENCO to manage and maintain information and guidance on supporting student’s individual needs.
– Work with parents and external partners to support SEN provision in school
The grade for the post is NJCJE Grade 4, scp 9 to 17, actual salary of £18290 to £21430 [ this has been pro-rata’d to reflect the part time nature of the role ]
Hours of work are Term time + INSET , 35 hours per week, 8.00- 4.00pm . This equates to 0.875 FTE
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the appointed person will be expected to support the life of the school.
Appointment for this post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references will be sought for shortlisted candidates in advance of an interview.
Please ensure the following completed documents are returned by email to us at email@example.com
- application form,
- equal opportunity form
- Safeguarding Strategy Statement
Closing date: Tuesday 24 November 2020
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted in due course. It is not our school policy to contact unsuccessful candidates, and you do not hear from us by 30 November 2020, you may assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
- Assistant SENCO recruitment pack
- Application form for School Based Staff
- Equal Opportunities form
- Guidance for completing an application form
- Holly Lodge safeguarding statement
for parents and students
Values and Ethos
Holly Lodge Girls’ College is committed to an inclusive school ethos which promotes race equality…
Complete list of Holly Lodge Girls’ College policy and procedure documents for download …
See all the latest images from our school trips, sporting events and fun days involving our students …
Holly Lodge Girls’ College has some of the most impressive and modern facilities in liverpool…
Take a look at our latest news posts below
End of year newsletter Year 7-10 End of year newsletter Year 1 End of year newsletter Year 12 HL Bulletin Parents 10July20 Return to School Timetable September 2020
We’ve been away from school for a while now, and wanted to send a little message to all our pupils
We were delighted to welcome a team of Ofsted inspectors into school in November for a full 2 day inspection. The inspectors met with many students, members of staff, Governors and representatives of the Local Authority before deciding that Holly Lodge could now be...
Contact the school
0151 228 3772
140 Mill Lane, Liverpool L12 7LE