SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS AND DISABILITY (SEN(D))
Holly Lodge Girls’ College aims to provide meaningful and effective learning support for students with Special Educational Needs.
We believe in an ethos of high ambition, challenge and support for all of our students. To enable our students to be the best they can be, we follow a graduated approach to SEN support, providing inclusive classroom environments to ensure that students make the best possible progress, despite any difficulties they may face.
We aim to create a safe, caring and supportive setting for students to develop into focused, aspirational and resilient young adults who are well prepared for when they move onto their next phase of education, employment or training.
SEN Policy Aims & Objectives
- To create an inclusive environment that meets the special educational needs of each young person
- To adopt a whole school approach to SEN support where students with SEN are fully integrated into mainstream classes
- To ensure that the special educational needs of children and young people are effectively identified, assessed and provided for
- To ensure that parents are able to play their part in supporting their child’s education
- To ensure that our young people have a voice in this process and develop skills for life
- To operate a “whole student, whole school” approach to the management and provision of support for special educational needs
- To provide support and advice for all staff working with students with special educational needs
If you have any concerns about your child’s development and would like to seek advice and/or support, please do not hesitate to contact Miss Winter (SENCO) via telephone or email:
- Telephone: 0151 228 3772
- Email: email@example.com
Key members of staff:
Miss S. Winter
Miss R. Rivers
Mrs C. Murphy
Ms S. Read
Higher Level Teaching Assistants
Ms D. Brigida
Ms K. Callaghan
Mrs S. Hatchard
Ms C. Mulholland
Mrs V. Murray
Links to useful sites/documents
for parents and students
Values and Ethos
Holly Lodge Girls’ College is committed to an inclusive school ethos which promotes race equality…
Complete list of Holly Lodge Girls’ College policy and procedure documents for download …
See all the latest images from our school trips, sporting events and fun days involving our students …
Holly Lodge Girls’ College has some of the most impressive and modern facilities in liverpool…
Take a look at our latest news posts below
The city of Liverpool consists of six boroughs – Halton, Sefton, Wirral, Knowsley, St Helens and Liverpool. There are thought to be 82,205 children living in poverty across our city. That’s 25.6% of all children who are living in households that are having to go...
Student Travel 2021-22 Dear Parents and Guardians, The next school year is fast approaching! If you’re child doesn’t already travel to school by bus, have you thought about this as an option for the next academic year? Arriva monthly direct debit passes allow travel...
How many books can you read before you arrive? At Holly Lodge, we love reading and we want you to love reading too! Below is a list of brilliant books that will help to prepare you for Year 7, some of these books are staff favourites, others are there because we think...
Contact the school
0151 228 3772
140 Mill Lane, Liverpool L12 7LE