Welcome to BTEC Level 3 National in Art & Design
Unit 1: Visual Recording and Communication
Unit 1 is a foundation unit, which develops fundamental skills, knowledge and understanding, underpinning all other units. You will begin Unit 1 when you return in Year 12.
This summer project will:
- Refresh and enhance your creative and research skills in preparation for September
- Make you to think about what your interests are, why they are important to you and what messages you want to convey with your artwork
- Guide you to find your own artists/critical sources and investigate and explain why they inspire you
- Create personal and meaningful thoughts/ideas which will give you a stronger connection to your work
- Give your teachers an idea of who you are and what you are passionate about
- Use the same assessment objectives as GCSE (AO1-AO4) to give you support through a familiar framework over the summer
The brief for the task is titled Summer Project 2020 Task which includes further details, assessment objectives, list of critical sources and art department email addresses should you need to contact us.
Please hand your project into the 6th form team when you enroll.
for parents and students
Values and Ethos
Holly Lodge Girls’ College is committed to an inclusive school ethos which promotes race equality…
Complete list of Holly Lodge Girls’ College policy and procedure documents for download …
See all the latest images from our school trips, sporting events and fun days involving our students …
Holly Lodge Girls’ College has some of the most impressive and modern facilities in liverpool…
Take a look at our latest news posts below
End of year newsletter Year 7-10 End of year newsletter Year 1 End of year newsletter Year 12 HL Bulletin Parents 10July20 Return to School Timetable September 2020
We’ve been away from school for a while now, and wanted to send a little message to all our pupils
We were delighted to welcome a team of Ofsted inspectors into school in November for a full 2 day inspection. The inspectors met with many students, members of staff, Governors and representatives of the Local Authority before deciding that Holly Lodge could now be...
Contact the school
0151 228 3772
140 Mill Lane, Liverpool L12 7LE