2020 Results Days
Year 11 results day procedures
Year 11 results day is Thursday 20th August. As you are no doubt aware, due to the COVD-19 pandemic this year has been considerably different to any we have experienced before and results day will be no different. Government guidance regarding social distancing mean that we cannot allow all students and their parents /carers to come into school at once. Therefore, we will be issuing appointment times for results to be collected. Appointment time have been generated randomly for all students.
When arriving to collect results, please use the Mill Lane entrance to school and follow the enhanced social distancing rules employed on the day as directed by staff who will be on hand to support you. Parents and carers are allowed to accompany students on the day, but there will be a maximum of two people per student. Results will be collected from the school hall and then there will be the opportunity to meet with a member of school staff to discuss the grades [daughter’s name] has achieved and provide advice on any next steps which need to be taken.
For those who have applied to join our 6th from, or following their results wish to consider doing so, Mr. Finnegan and the team will be on hand to answer any queries and to enroll students ahead of starting in September.
I have previously written to you to explain how grades have been calculated this year in the absence of the usual summer examinations. Please see the infographic below from Ofqual for a reminder.
Alternatively a short video is available at the address below which also explains the process:
It’s important to remember that:
- Teachers know their students well and are able to assess grades with a high degree of accuracy.
- The grades the school submitted to the exam boards were agreed by the school following an internal quality assurance process and are not the sole responsibility of any individual teacher.
- The standardisation model developed by Ofqual and the awarding organisations is statistical and may not reflect the grades submitted by us.
- The standardisation process applied by the exam boards ensures grades awarded this year are consistent with those awarded to other cohorts in other years.
- This was the fairest possible approach available under extreme circumstances. It is a rigorous process which means that grades awarded this year are as valid as in any other year.
- This will allow pupils to progress to the next stage of their lives in the normal way
If you will be unable to collect your results on the day, you can bring or send in a stamped addressed envelope and we will then post them to you. Alternatively you can bring or send a letter authorising someone else to collect your results for you.
Results cannot be given to anyone without written permission from you. We also are not allowed as a school to give out results over the phone. If you know that you will be unable to collect your results you must nominate someone else to collect them and they can then phone you with those results.
Certificates will be ready for to collect from mid-November. Arrangements for receiving these from school will be subject to the conditions and most up to date government guidance. We will advise you of these closer to the time.
The summer 2020 Results and Appeals process will be posted on the school website.
If you have any questions or queries then don’t hesitate to contact us.
2020 Results Days
Results days this year are held in school on:
- Year 13 results day: Thursday 13th August 2020
- Year 11 results day: Thursday 20th August 2020. Please note, this results day is being run on an appointments basis due to COVID-19 government guidelines. A letter with your appointment time will be arriving home.
- Year 10 GCSE Statistics results will be posted out on Results Day so should be received on Friday 21st August or Saturday 22nd August depending on the Royal Mail. This is due to social distancing rules meaning we cannot allow students and parents/carers into school on 20th August.
Please download the letters below for more information.
for parents and students
Values and Ethos
Holly Lodge Girls’ College is committed to an inclusive school ethos which promotes race equality…
Complete list of Holly Lodge Girls’ College policy and procedure documents for download …
See all the latest images from our school trips, sporting events and fun days involving our students …
Holly Lodge Girls’ College has some of the most impressive and modern facilities in liverpool…
Take a look at our latest news posts below
Student Travel 2021-22 Dear Parents and Guardians, The next school year is fast approaching! If you’re child doesn’t already travel to school by bus, have you thought about this as an option for the next academic year? Arriva monthly direct debit passes allow travel...
How many books can you read before you arrive? At Holly Lodge, we love reading and we want you to love reading too! Below is a list of brilliant books that will help to prepare you for Year 7, some of these books are staff favourites, others are there because we think...
We’ve been away from school for a while now, and wanted to send a little message to all our pupils
Contact the school
0151 228 3772
140 Mill Lane, Liverpool L12 7LE